Learning Pod: #8
Peers’ Names: Tanya Dixit, Joysna Genganah
Interactive Learning Resource Topic: Social Media and Generation Gap

1 – Identify components of the Interactive Learning Resource that might be missing (e.g., appropriate outcomes, alignment, interactivity, inclusivity, technology use and rationale, presentation, grammar, spelling, citations, etc.).

Going through the “Interactive Learning Resource” rubric, I found that a few components were missing/incomplete. Those being: I didn’t see a learning theory explicitly chosen for the resource (Behaviourism, Cognitivism, Constructivism); I may have missed it, but it would be good to see a rationale provided for why Inquiry-Based Learning was uniquely suited to your topic; I wasn’t able to find what levels of Bloom’s taxonomy this resource was targeting(perhaps remember and create); Within the “Influence of social media users on us and our self-esteem” module, the quiz at the bottom failed to load, giving an “Invalid Game Code error”.

2 – Provide a summary of The Interactive Learning Resource’s strengths and weaknesses. Draw out specific examples from your peers’ work to justify your feedback.

Strengths:
I liked the interactive elements that were included for each module and thought that they helped the person taking the course remember what they had read/heard in the given resources.
Weaknesses:
I found that the learning resource wasn’t too cohesive and that the flow between modules/pages was a bit confusing. For example, the introduction of the focus of “[mitigating] the negative perception held by the public towards social media while simultaneously discussing its potential capabilities” was followed immediately about how social media damages the self-esteem of its users. This could be mitigated by adding introductions to each module to connect them logically to the previous modules.

3 – Provide general, specific, and practical recommendations to your peers on how to improve their Interactive Learning Resource.

I think that adding introduction text to each module and ensuring that the modules flow logically between each other and within themselves could help your resource feel more cohesive and help your users follow your central focus. Additionally, making your formatting consistent throughout the resource helps make your resource more accessible and easy to understand. If you want to increase the accessibility of your resource, Google Chrome has a built-in tool called Lighthouse that can tell you how to improve your accessibility if that is possible with Notion.